In July 2009, Jean Nouvel was chosen as chief architect and urban project coordinator for Seguin Island in Boulogne-Billancourt, France. Here we present the master plan presented by its team of Ateliers Jean Nouvel .
The island will incorporate a variety of programs, in an area of 300,000 m2, including cultural centers, malls, parks, gardens and terraces that serve as both for residents and tourists. Its construction is scheduled to begin in 2010 and is expected to be delivered during the last months of 2023.
Description of the project by the architects:
Seguin Island is reborn and transformed into a premier destination in Paris. Its appeal is due to a completely unique and varied: culture, commerce, social meeting places, urban parks, gardens, terraces … this will make a lively day and night:
- A large complex with two music rooms , a 3,000 to 5,000 m2 and the second of 800 m2, built by the General Council of Hauts de Seine .
- A cultural hub for art and digital compositions of Contemporary Art Foundation, with sales, galleries and workshops.
- A Museum : Maison History de France or other collection.
- A commercial structure vibrant and diverse across a street about 400 meters, joining the Seine banks and the square gardens, complete with hotels, restaurants and a cinema.
- Spaces for central offices , providing businesses with a unique location within the city.
- A central park with a Greenhouse 450 meters long, with a business space, will be joined terraces planted at different heights (totaling 7 acres). These green spaces support the idea of creating an eco – neighborhood looking to change the lifestyle of the coming decades.
The island is connected through an automated metro, tram and boats to transport people. A large loading ramp forms the pier located in the north of the island between the bridges Daydé and Renault . The project seeks to make the Seguin Island flagship Valley culture. It could also be a crucial link in the metropolis across the river Seine, as shown by all urban studies carried out by Greater Paris . Finally the project aims to establish a new way of thinking the city within a city plan, based on the principles of body types, shapes and sequences of spaces, and use of different types of buildings. It is not just a search of density, is a strategic design that will generate the base, with an exact specification for new architectural projects in the future.
There are 5 pictures in this Seguin Island by Ateliers Jean Nouvel information. Follow the thumbnail below to view all 5 high-res pictures.
Urban Solid Waste Collectio A CRRU-central urban solid waste collection is a great stomach-urban: sucks waste from the point where they originate, the swallows, ...
Modern House Design by Max This Modern House is design by Max Pritchard. This house is located in Emu Bay, South Australia. The living area, ...
Incredible apartment with b Everyone loves home with views! Spectacular apartment is located in Darling Point, Sydney and its location allows residents to enjoy ...
1st Place for Taiwan Tower Contest Taiwan Tower Design Concept custom made as the conceptual design of a building symbol for Taiwan. This should be ...
Join HomeVaganza on Facebook Here!
Browse by Category
Browse by Keyword
All contents published under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License. All Rights of images and videos found in this site reserved by its respective owner.