This project explores the possibilities of technology and high energy efficiency, and build an architecture based on “hidden” behind a facade that experiments with the traditional image of the city of Philadelphia and facades that are a vertical rhythm.
With access from the street, the building has eight duplex apartments, but the facade attenuates the conventional lines of demarcation between each vertically and horizontally, recalling the typical appearance of the facades of the city, long and narrow, high-density .
The architects took this “deficiency” reconfiguring the spatial relationship between the inside and skin, so that the departments are flooded with natural light and air. This skin allows each room to leave the “outside”, but at the same time remain within it, is a surface and a vacuum, which removes the boundaries of the units inside.
This project is also the first duplex apartment building LEED-H Platinum certification in the United States. Some of the operations that gave the certification of sustainability are:
- Efficiency 50% in cooling and heating water for domestic use.
- Solar thermal panels for hot water sanitation.
- Green roofs planted to reduce thermal heat gain, receive and manage storm water and provide a garden floor overlooking the city.
- Cisterns for rainwater harvesting in parking areas for watering yards and gardens.
- Each unit includes a manual system each department offers as LEED certification.
- Low-flow faucets and accessories that they can reduce water consumption by 50%.
- Concrete construction with a minimum of 25% recycled content.
- Maximum use of local materials and prefabricated
- Lighting centralized, programmable, like heating, cooling, SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS audio systems and video, to maximize comfort and minimize energy use.
- Foam Insulation by sealing all joints to minimize air infiltration.
- Hydraulic heating through underfloor heating.
- Air conditioning system and ventilation system ACCA HRV heat recovery.
- Very low or no use of orgpanicos volatile compounds in paints, adhesives and sealants.
- Proximity to public transport.
There are 5 photos in this Departments Straits / Onion Flats posting. Follow the thumbnail below to view all 5 high-res photos.
Modern Simple House by Bruc This home was design by architect Bruce Bolander. This designed try to combine wood and to strengthen with steel. ...
Issem Headquarters by N8 St Well-being and quality of life of mankind comes from their experiences, affective relationships and the influences absorbed from the natural ...
Entry proposal for the Envi Antonio Pedro Coutinho shared with us the designer with access Dugachard Estelle, Fabiana Araujo, Ricardo Caruana Nanda Eskes and competition ...
Infinity Bath, for a total The Russian designer Alexander Mukomelov has created this stylish and innovative bath, called Infinity. Infinity offers a sensory experience it ...
Join HomeVaganza on Facebook Here!
Browse by Category
Browse by Keyword
All contents published under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License. All Rights of images and videos found in this site reserved by its respective owner.